One thing I’ve been planning to do for a while was make some reviews the the looms I’ve used. All of the looms I have bought are from craft chain stores like Michaels and Joann, so they’re easy to find and generally inexpensive. My first set of looms is pictured below:
You can look at the link to buy this set here. I’ve used this set to make many hats and other projects, and going in with a 50% off coupon gets it for just over $7, so the price can’t be beat.
- Round shape makes for comfortable knitting and more even yarn tension
- You can find a lot of patterns for these on various sites because the amount of pegs is pretty standard to all plastic loom sets
- Four sizes, and it comes with a hook and needle
- Very inexpensive
- Pegs can fall out and once they’ve come out, they’re loose forever
- Can only really knit with chunky or double/triple stranded yarns
- Comes with very few instructions
Once I found sites with more instructions these looms became invaluable to me, but going on the instructions that come with it, you only learn to make a basic e-wrap hat with or without a brim. My orange loom has lost several pegs by now, which I’m able to squeeze back in with a bit of yarn if I want to use them, but they fall back out if my stitches are at all tight. Overall, I use these looms the most though. I think they’re a worthy purchase for a beginner loom knitter.